Natural Reserves Officer
Officer / Pakenham
- Band 6 ($78k - $92k per annum plus super and RDO)
- Full Time ongoing
- Rare opportunity to join the Open Space Team
The newly developed role will be responsible for delivering all operational aspects of Council’s natural system management program including:
- the provision of leadership to a team of Natural Reserve Rangers in accordance with best practice flora and fauna management techniques.
- Encouraging appropriate work practices within the team to maximize staff and public safety and minimise environmental impacts during maintenance programs.
- Educate and promote topical natural systems issues with Councillors, Senior Leadership Team, staff and community
- Assist in the development of policies and strategies to guide the responsible management of natural reserves and roadsides.
- Oversee operational works and projects including developing annual works plans, appointing and overseeing contractors and monitoring on ground works for natural system assets
If you have experience in leading people, a qualification in Natural Resource Management or similar and experience working with contractors then this could be the role for you.
Please download a copy of the Position Description or call Stephen Mannering 1300 787 624 for further information.
Applications close Tuesday 24th October 2017 and should be submitted using the online application form. (you will need to upload your resume and answer key selection criteria as part of this process)
Cardinia Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome applications from people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.